Tuesday 3 March 2015

So... I'm Not Dead


First of all I would like to apologise for my long absence from my blog. I know I said I wanted to slow it down all those months ago, but I just burnt out, I was spending more time on my blog than I was actually playing or painting. It was just wrong, I played because I liked the game, not so I could have something to talk about on my blog. Battle reports are biggest offender, taking a good few hours to write, edit, and sort out the pictures. And as my blog only seemed to be battle reports... I just burnt out.

Now I am back into it and hopefully carrying on where I left off. I have missed a lot of things for my blog which I wont bother going over, as I missed both the Blood Angels, Necron and Harlequin Codex but i'm sure there will be a lot more happening in the future. Also I have skipped over all of the fantasy releases so I might go over them in the future. Especially as a new edition may be right round the corner.


While I have been away I haven't been idle, I would love to say that I have been busy, but I think not idle is more accurate. My renegades have had a little bit of a reinforcement, with both of the leman russ battle tanks being finished off, as well as my rogue psyker and his possessed form. I have built some purpose built mutants (more of them in the future) and I was given some ogyrns for my birthday which have been built, but not painted.

With the purchase of the End Times: Nagash I have gotten back into fantasy, but oddly enough using my orcs and goblins. While I do still want to use my vampire counts soon, I don't really want to buy any units for them, as I need to paint all of my current stuff! I have a massive cupboard of shame that needs to be sorted out. So I will have to look at what I have and see if I can make anything out of it, and pray its ok for a game. But I am having fun with the greenskins at the moment, and I might even get a battle report ready for you all.


So I guess what you can take away from this little post is that my blog is back, and hopefully it will be to a good standard.  

8 comments:

  1. Tanks look great, and I love the flesh tones on the infantry! The guy on the right is particularly well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you getting back into the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. I hope that you're still willing to do battle reports from time to time, certainly not at the rapid fire pace you did previously. I would love to see those traitor guard in battle and even some great fantasy action. Don't over do it though. Its a hobby, its supposed to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be doing some battle reports, i actually did a few while i wasn't doing my blog and they are up for this month so i can still have a fair few to start with. But yer, i think its mainly going to have to be painting and army lists for the most part.

      I'm struggling with the traitor guard at the moment, there are just so many damn infantry to get done.

      Delete
  4. Good to have you back. The tanks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see your blog back. I also just went through some blog burnout and disappeared for awhile, and am trying to get mine going again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete